Learning Support Assistant
Permanent, Full time or Part time
To start ASAP
Bucks Pay Range 1B
Widmer End Community Combined School and Preschool is an engaging and vibrant value-driven school community with nurture at the heart of all we do. We have a fun and enthusiastic team of staff who enjoy supporting children’s development and providing them with great opportunities to learn across the curriculum. We provide a happy and secure environment for everyone in our community where we value and respect others and ourselves, following the school’s six core values: Unity, Trust, Courage, Curiosity, Happiness and Respect.
About the role:
Widmer End Community Combined School and Preschool is looking to appoint a friendly, enthusiastic and hard-working Learning Support Assistant to join our dedicated team.
What we can offer:
- A highly supportive team, committed to raising standards in a welcoming environment
- A school with a clear vision for the future
- Well behaved and responsive children who enjoy learning
- A well-resourced school and stimulating environment
- A strong emphasis on staff wellbeing and teamwork
- Opportunities for professional development
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to demonstrate suitable experience and/or qualifications for working in a school
- Highly motivated in supporting our children to make excellent progress
- Able to respond appropriately to the wide ranging needs of our pupils
- A caring and patient individual
- Hard working and conscientious
- Highly skilled at delivering interventions across both Key Stages
- Flexible and able to work on your own initiative
- Creative and full of energy
The successful candidate will have:
- A good standard of English and Maths
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to teamwork and a good sense of humour
- Experience of supporting pupils with additional needs
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged; please ring to make an appointment. Further information, including an application form, a job description and person specification, can be obtained from the school by visiting the website at www.widmerend.bucks.sch.uk
Closing date: Midday, Friday 30th June 2023
Interview date: Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and interviews may be offered before the closing date so early submissions are advised.
Widmer End Community Combined School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our pupils. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Non-teaching application form