At Widmer End our ethos of nurture ensures every child receives the support they need in order to achieve their potential.
The Government believes that the Pupil Premium funding, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage, reaches the pupils who need it most.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. Source DfE website
Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2021 - 2024
FREE SCHOOL MEALS:
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals.
Universal infant free school meals
Currently, pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 are entitled to a free school meal thanks to a different government funding scheme known as universal infant free school meals (UIFSM). You shouldn’t confuse UIFSM with free schools meals and the pupil premium. If your child is in reception, year 1 or year 2, you should still register if you receive the following benefits because the school will receive the extra pupil premium funding:
Your child, from Reception to year 6, is eligible to apply for free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits.
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Registering using the Free School Meals form below, could raise an extra £1,320 for your child’s primary school, to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities. If you believe this could be you please access, complete and return the following form.